Задания для зачёта по деловому английскому языку
- Лексико-грамматические задания.
1.1. Заполните пропуски артиклями (a, an, the or ‘−’). Переведите предложения.
- a) It’s … pleasure to see you any day and any time.
b) If you go to Moscow by … train, it will take you … six hours.
c) All …newspapers wrote about … success of …
d) We’ve received … invitation to visit … plant to see machines in operation. – Have you accepted … invitation?
e) We have been regular buyers of … computers from … company for many years.
f) … machines which we have bought from IML have … excellent technical characteristics.
g) … money is on … table. Go and buy some food with it.
h) … construction of … stadium was completed … year ago.
i) I thought you always bought … compressors from … Green and Co.
1.2. Поставьте предлоги. Переведите предложения.
a) I’m sorry to say we are not satisfied … the quality … your goods.
b) The train is due to arrive … Manchester … 4.20.
c) I’d like to get … touch … your Sales Manager to negotiate … business matters.
d) Further…our telephone talk … your Sales representative, we’ll be obliged if you will send — us all particulars … the Model CB machines.
e) Television programmes keep — people informed … the latest achievements … different fields.
f) The guarantee period which the company offered…their computers was 12 months … the date … putting them … operation and 15 months … the date … delivery.
1.3. Поставьте глаголы в нужной форме. Переведите предложения.
a) … you … the terms of delivery yet? – Not yet. We …them since 10 o’clock and I … we …only in an hour.
b) Last month we … a trial order with Brown and Co with whom we …business before.
c) The director …an answer to the letter from GML for half an hour.
d) I think, Paul …his work by 5 yesterday.– Yes, he had. I … him at 4.50. He … already … the office.
e) … the manager in the office when you phoned him? – No, he wasn’t. When I … him he …to the office yet.
- f) The contract … next week.
g) Many contracts … by our company every year.
h) … TV equipment … to many countries?
i) The building is very impressive. What … it …for?
j) … the contact form … yet?
4. Переведите на английский язык.
1. Не так давно мы установили деловые отношения с английской фирмой «Браун энд Ко”. Мы никогда не торговали с этой фирмой раньше, но много о ней слышали.
2. Я понял, что фирма заинтересована в торговой сделке.
3. Несколько дней тому назад Петров должен был поехать на завод вместе с представителями иностранной фирмы.
4. Секретарь поинтересовалась, кто должен принять Брауна.
5. В сентябре в Дели, столице Индии, состоится международная выставка. Она расскажет посетителям о достижениях промышленности и сельского хозяйства.
6. Письмо должно быть переведено к 5 часам.
7. Мы будем признательны Вам, если Вы пришлете нам Ваши предложения на компьютер модели С 11.
8. Мы ожидали, что нам закажут номер в гостинице.
9. Учебники серии General Education пользуются большим спросом на мировом рынке.
10. Мы рады представить вам наше предложение на новую модель компьютера.
2. Деловое общение. Переписка и телефонные переговоры.
2.1. Дополните нужными фразами телефонный разговор.
-Hello, Mr Bird’s office. Can …?
-I’d like ….
-I’m sorry Mr Bird ….
-I think in a couple of hours.
-Can I …?
-Could you tell him Mr Petrov phoned and asked him to call back. He knows my telephone number. …. Goodbye.
-Thank you. Goodbye.
2.2. Заполните пропуски в двух электронных письмах следующими словами. Каждое слово может быть использовано только один раз.
B. thank you for
C. look forward
D. we are pleased
E. our benefits expert F. with real regret
I. we are sorry
October 25, 20_
Mr William Prince
1785 Honeycutt Boulevard
Marysville, IL 53028
Dear Mr Prince:
__ __ to offer you the position of Budget Assistant at Systems, Inc. We would like you to start work on Monday, November 10. You will report to your supervisor, Ms Chen, in room 44. We are happy to offer you the salary that we discussed in your interview. Other benefits include health insurance for you and your family. ____ __that we cannot offer life or dental insurance at this time, but we may be able to in the future. You will also get 20 vacation days and 5 sick days per year. Stock options and a pension plan are also available. I would suggest that you make an appointment to come in and speak with Emma Park, _____ very soon, and she can explain the full benefits package to you. At the same time you can fill out some paperwork for us.
_____ to Systems, Inc. We _____to working with you.
October 31, 20_
Mr Ivan Katz
Human Resources Director
1700 Main Avenue
Chicago, IL 53147
Dear Mr Katz:
______ your offer of a position at Systems, Inc. _____, I have decided to take another position. I say this ____ as I am sure that I would enjoy working at Systems, Inc., and the benefits are very attractive. ____, I believe my new position at the Horizon Company will be better for me. Systems, Inc. has offered me a higher salary and twice as many vacation days as Horizon, but Horizon has offered me the same type of job and it’s closer to my home. I find that location is very important. It would take me over an hour just to get to work if I had the job at Systems, Inc. Because of my family and other commitments, I cannot agree to put myself in such a situation. Thank you _____ for the offer.
2.3. Выберите вариант ответа, который соответствует содержанию писем в задании 2.2.
- What insurance benefit does Systems, Inc. offer?
(A) Life insurance
(B) Health insurance
(C) Dental insurance
(D) Automobile insurance
2. Who is the benefits expert at Systems, Inc.?
(B) Ms Park
(C) Mr Katz
(D) Mr Prince
3. Why did Mr Prince NOT accept a new position at Systems, Inc.?
(A) The salary is too low.
(B) The benefits are not good.
(C) The location is inconvenient.
(D) The job isn’t interesting.
4. What job did Mr Prince take with Horizon?
(A) Budget Assistant
(B) Human Resources Director
(C) Budget Supervisor
(D) Insurance Salesman
5. How many vacation days a year will he get at Horizon?
3. Прочитайте текст. Выберите правильный вариант ответа в тесте.
Having the proper documentation when you travel abroad is very important. Remember that immigration and customs officials are very document-minded, so failing to obtain the proper paperwork before entering a country or losing your passport in a foreign city can cause many complications. When traveling, you should always know where your passport is. Always carry it in a safe place on your person or, if not going far, leave it in the hotel safe. Do not leave it lying about in your hotel room or easily visible in a pocket. If staying in a country for several weeks, it is worthwhile to register at your embassy or consulate. Then, if your passport is stolen, the process of replacing it is simpler and faster. It is also recommended to keep photocopies of essential documents as well as some additional passport-sized photographs.
Remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that your passport is stamped in and out when you cross borders. The absence of entry and exit stamps can cause serious difficulties and could invalidate your visa. Therefore, it is important to seek out the proper officials if the stamping process is not carried out as you cross the border. Also, do not lose your entry card. Replacing it can cause a lot of headaches and expense. Citizens of countries that require visas, such as France and Korea, can expect more delays and problems at border crossings.
1. Where would this advisory most likely appear?
(A) In a newspaper
(B) In an embassy pamphlet
(C) In an airline in-flight magazine
(D) In a travel guidebook
2. What should travellers do if staying in a country for a month?
(A) Register with their Embassy
(B) Leave their passport in the hotel
(C) Find a good hotel
(D) Have extra passport photos taken
3. If border officials do not stamp the passport, what should a traveller do?
(A) Request that it be stamped as soon as possible
(B) Refrain from entering the country
(C) Go to the embassy
(D) Get help at the hotel
4. The word «ensure» in paragraph 2, line 1, is closest in meaning to
(C) make certain