Задание 1. Употребите глагол to be в нужной форме (am, is, are, was, were,willbe). Переведите предложения.
- Soil … a combination of inorganic and organic materials.
- In two years he … an experienced agronomist.
- These soils … fertile enough to produce high yields.
- The coldest winter 1 remember … the winter of 1998.
- Vegetables … important sources of human food.
Задание 2. Поставьте глагол to have в нужную временную форму (Present,PastorFutureIndefinite) и переведите предложения на русский язык.
- Russia … practically all the climatic zones.
- I’m sure we …high yields of grain crops in this region next year.
- Loam soils … advantages of both clay and sandy soils.
- In the past the breeders … scientific knowledge which is available now.
- Last year the farmers … much work to do.
Задание 3. Вставьте нужный предлог и переведите предложения.
- There are two broad categories … fruits: fleshy fruits and dry fruits.
- Would you like some berries … dessert.
- Arable farms are mainly … the eastern part … the country.
- British agriculture is based … modern technology and research.
- According … their life cycle plants are classified as annuals, biennials and perennials.
Задание 4. Раскройте скобки, употребив нужную степень сравнения прилагательных. Переведите предложения.
- The optimum temperature for cotton is … than that for small grains.
- In crop selection climate is … environmental factor.
- Corn is …source of grain and forage.
- This new cultivating method is not so … as the old one.
- The … is the soil the … it is cultivated.
Задание 5. Раскройте скобки и поставьте глагол в соответствующем времени (Present, PastorFutureIndefinite). Переведите предложения.
- Most farms growing potatoes … potato harvesting machines last year.
- The above ground portion of plant … of leaves and stems.
- A group of specialists in plant diseases …our farm next month.
- Alfalfa … the production of meat and milk.
- The crop …well, for the temperature of the soil is too low for it.
Задание 6. Перепишите предложения, переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на модальные глаголы и их эквиваленты.
- To get high yields of crops every student of agriculture must know how a plant grows.
- Sowing wheat one should use high quality seeds.
- Our agronomist had to examine the seed before sowing.
- The man of today wants raw materials which can be made into useful things and products.
- Soils may vary widely from place to place.
Задание 7. Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст.
The Concept of Business
Business is a word which is commonly used in many different languages. But exactly what does it mean? The concepts and activities of business have increased in modern times.
Traditionally, business simply meant exchange or trade for things people wanted or needed. Today it has a more technical definition. One definition of business is production, distribution, and sale of goods and services for a profit. To example this definition, let us look at its various parts.
First, production is the creation of services or processing of materials into products. One example is the conversion of iron ore into metal car parts. Next, these products need to be moved from the plant to the marketplace. This is known as distribution. A car might be moved from a plant in Germany to a car dealership in Poland. Third is the sale of goods and services. Sale is the exchange of a product or service for money. A car is sold to someone in exchange for money.
Goods are products which people either need or want: for example, cars can be classified as goods. Services, on the other hand, are activities which a person or group perform for another person or organization. For instance, an auto mechanic performs a service when he repairs a car. A doctor also performs a service by taking care of people when they are sick.
Business, then, is a combination of all these activities: production, distribution, and sale. However, there is another important factor, i.e., creation of profit or economic surplus. A major goal in the functioning of any business company is making a profit. Profit is the money that remains after all the expenses are paid. Creating an economic surplus or profit is, therefore, a primary goal of business activity.
The three traditional forms of business are the sole proprietorship, the partnership, and the corporation. The sole proprietorship means going into business for oneself. All one needs is some knowledge about the business, start – up capital and knowledge of regulations. The partnership is an association of two or more people involved in business under a written partnership agreement. The corporation is the legal entity having a right to issue stock certificates. The people who own such stock certificates (or shares) are called stockholders (or shareholders). They infact own the corporation.
Задание 8. Определите, является ли утверждение истинным или ложным (True /False). В случае ложного утверждения дайте правильный ответ.
- Nowadays, the concepts and activities of business have increased.
- The constituents of business are production, distribution and exchange.
- Distribution is moving things from the place of production to the market place.
- A primary goal of any business activity is making a profit.
5. There are two main forms of business organization. There are three main forms of business organization.